Monday, December 14, 2020

Growing In Unity: Day 1

 


                                                                    Ornament Gift Tags

Hi, everyone! I can't wait to show you my ideas over the next week for Growing In Unity. I'm very excited to be a part of this. Today's idea came to mind when I started wrapping gifts this past weekend to ship to family who is out of state. I didn't have any sticky labels left, so why not create something special?




I used Northwoods Peace, Joy and Things, Warrior Cancer Ribbon, and Christmas Bough from Unity Stamps to create the ornament gift tags. I wanted to include the cancer ribbon one for my grandmother who is in remission for breast cancer. You can make wood slice tags/ornaments for all kinds of occasions or memories. Your only limit is your imagination!






I used my magnets to create a jig for the ornaments to sit in as I stamped in layers. I like having the ability to reink and stamp a layer if it didn't fully imprint. The inks used can be seen in the supplies photos above. I did 2-3 layers of each ink. You can go in with a detail brush and fix any areas or use your favorite colored pencil to add or adjust any details. 


So, I am human and make errors, but I simply look at them as opportunities to embellish.


Gesso to the rescue when my Sharpie pen didn't look quite right!



I didn't use any sealant or fixative on these ones, but have used micro distress glaze in the past. Remember to comment below and make sure I have your email address so I can contact you if your name is drawn to win one of two Unity prizes at the end of the week. I hope you're inspired to try a simple stamped design as a gift for friends and loved ones this week.

Crafty Hugs,
Holly R. 





22 comments:

  1. Such a sweet keepsake! Did you slice the wood yourself or purchase it? I have wanted to make these for a couple years but always forget to buy the wood slices in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, thanks for sharing, I need to do this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift tag idea! Would be great ornaments for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I made some for ornaments, and they are fun to make. Looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wooden ornaments!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cute!!! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea, they look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing. I love any projects that include wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome, and they look really fun to create!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful and make such a fun gift, too. I love that moose! Making a set of these would be wonderful to give a guy - the hardest ever to buy for! lol And I love the 'snow' wit the 'Joy to the World' - happy accidents are the best. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never thought to put the wood ornaments in my stamp positioner! Such a great idea! I will have to try that! Your ornament/tags turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ornaments are so cute. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so cute. I love that you personalized them for people since I do that too. I never thought of putting a wooden disc in the stamping platform since it is so thick, thanks for showing it can be done on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! Super fun gifts. Your tags turned out great, and I love that you personalized them. I'm going to have to try this too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I so love your ornaments! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never thought to put the wood slices in the stamping tool like that. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo!! Love those ornaments! thank you for sharing how you secured them in the platform! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Welcome to the Growing In Unity Blog Hop, everyone! If you've already been hopping along, thank you for continuing along our little hop....