Monday, December 7, 2020

Mother/Daughter Crafting

 


One thing I loved while growing up was crafting occasionally with my own Mom. I wanted to share that experience with my own daughter. Madisyn recently turned 9yrs old and wanted to "color like Mom." So, I brought out my old random assortment of alcohol markers from before I had to get ALL the Copic markers. 


I broke out the October class "Halloween Critters" from Sweet Sentiment. Jammie makes the classes so easy to follow along for all ages. I made sure to swatch Madisyn's hand-me-down markers to follow along as closely as possible. Since the videos are on YouTube, we could pause as often as needed. 

 

Madi's work on the left. Mom's on the right. 


Doing classes with me has brought a new level of knowledge and confidence to her art. I love seeing her talent grow as she continues to practice. She thinks the pencil classes were much easier to do, but can't wait to "get more markers."

I encourage you all to share your knowledge and passion for all things crafty with younger generations. This artistic outlet has let her express all her feelings and emotions better during this pandemic. 

What should we tackle next? Let us know what you want to see more of!

Crafty Hugs,
Holly Reifke ( & Madisyn )








No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Welcome to the Growing In Unity Blog Hop, everyone! If you've already been hopping along, thank you for continuing along our little hop....