Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Growing In Unity: Day 3

Day 3: Bookmark Slimline Card

    For today, I created a simple card that can keep on giving even after the holidays. I decided to take a bookmark and make it the main focal point of the slimline card for a friend. The slimline card makes it perfect for a money card if you have a need for those.


    After cutting a piece of Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor paper to 2" x 5.5" or your preferred length for a bookmark, I stamped the "Small Stuff Christmas" image and sentiment with Gina K amalgam ink. This itty bitty set is one of my favorites to use for the holidays. I watercolored the image using Arteza real brush markers. The colors can be seen in the above image. Once dry, I punched the hole for the eyelash string. I used some from the Noel blend from Busy Blends by Pammy J. 

    I pulled some green card stock from Recollections to create the card base for the slimline card. I cut down the paper to 7" x 8.5." Then I scored it at 3.5" for the fold. I had a square of red glitter stock from Brutus Monroe sitting around that I thought would make the bookmark POP. I trimmed it to fit the slimline card. I used an exact knife to cut the slits for the bookmark to slide into. I adhered each layer using some paper tape making sure to avoid the areas around the slits. While you can't see it pictured above, I added an inner layer of lightweight light green paper for me to write on. The dimensions I used were 3" x 8."

    I hope this idea inspired you to play around with the idea. I always feel guilty that people don't want to keep their holiday cards, so I tried to find a creative solution. This idea can easily translate for thinking of you cards, birthdays, etc. If you make one, please tag me in your projects so I can see them. Don't forget to comment for a chance two win one of two Unity prizes.

Stay crafty friends,
Holly


 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful bookmark! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea for giving a bookmark.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bookmark card! Such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bookmark idea! Yours are so sweet, I think I need to add the tree onto my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bookmark card, too! This is also one of my favorite stamps. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bookmark slimline card combo! I so love your water coloring skills too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my most favorite Unity stamps!! Always reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Love it on a bookmark. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute stamp and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that image so much! One of my all time Unity faves! I love this clever bookmark/card idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the unique shape of this card!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Welcome to the Growing In Unity Blog Hop, everyone! If you've already been hopping along, thank you for continuing along our little hop....