Thursday, December 17, 2020

Growing In Unity: Day 4


Day 4: Watercolor Holiday Card


I can't believe how quickly this week of projects is flying by. Today, I have a watercolored panel holiday card featuring the "Deck The Halls" from Unity Stamp Company. I used the Holiday Intrigue paper pack as well. This card was inspired by a sweet couple we know. 



I absolutely love the details of this stamp. I chose to color it in watercolor with the Arteza Real Brush markers. The panel was cut from a sheet of Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor paper. The fine brush tip of these allows me to get super fine lines like those of the pine needles. 


These are the different colors I used and I changed shades by blending with the water brush. For the background washes, I colored a circle on my silicone mat and picked up color with the water brush to avoid harsh lines. 


Above are all the supplies I used to create this card with the exception of paper tape to affix the panels and foam dimensionals for the sentiment. I did use some sizzix rectangle dies to cut the panels. There are so many amazing images at Unity, so make sure to snag some that speak to your style. I hope something about my card inspires you to go and experiment in your own craft room today. 

Crafty Wishes,
Holly




13 comments:

  1. Perfect image for a card right now! wonderful coloring.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, you can feel the Christmas Love in this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, great coloring! You did a beautiful job with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the detail in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty design with the lovely coloring, the polka dot paper and the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring of this awesome image! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your coloring especially on the tree. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done! I really admire you all that work magic with markers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun and sweet card! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Welcome to the Growing In Unity Blog Hop, everyone! If you've already been hopping along, thank you for continuing along our little hop....